UnSafe Rotation 360 degrees

Adept Cobra s600 and s800 SCARA robots

UnSafe Rotation 360 degrees

Postby Johnlw » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Understanding the right hand rule, I still am having difficulty understanding a move that I see.

Using a Cobra s800 Pro
On one machine I used the instruction: SET madrel.obj = FRAME(manx0,manxpos,manypos,manorig ) ) to teach a station that the robot loads a part onto a horizontal mandrel.

Correctly works on one machine.
Points were taught with the gripper offsets showing in the robot jog control window while I move robot to teach.
manx0, manorig (first I Gripped end of mandrel to get proper z and angle) then moving with tool Mode until the gripper is in front of mandrel, face of gripper against mandrel tip.

manxpos was taught by moving from manorig, in tool mode in a + x direction
manypos was taught by moving from manorig, in tool mode in a + y direction

Attempted to perform the same on the other machine.

When the grippers move from a point call premandrel to madrel.orig, it performs a complete 360 rotation.
Having no result through my searches. I put couple of lines to get the move done in a safe location for the 360 degree rotation.
Now the Robot the perfroms this line: moves madrel.obj:TRANS(0,10,0,0,0,0)
and then rotates 360 at the unsafe spot when it performs this line: moves madrel.obj:TRANS(0,0,0,0,0,0)
but before it rotated 360 before performing the first mandrel.obj move?

So I put two lines of : Moves madrel.obj:TRANS(0,10,0,0,0,0) , and it performs a 360 degree rotation at the second moves . They are the same position.

Any pointers. Project is DEAD in the water until I can stop this 360 rotation.
Johnlw

Re: UnSafe Rotation 360 degrees

Postby Johnlw » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm

I found a SINGLE ALWAYS in one of the routines. Removed it , no more 360 rotation at this move.
Still curious as to why it did not rotate on the first MOVES when there were two duplicate MOVES.
Johnlw

Return to Cobra s600/s800