Conveyor Tracking

V+ discussions, tips and tricks, sample code, Q & A

Conveyor Tracking

Postby Addraen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:39 am

Hi,

I want to program a Cobra for a simple pick and place app.
The problem is that I can't found any detailled guide about how to use the belt fonctions in V+.

I tried to use the Application samples but I can't go throught conveyor lact because my input 1001 never seems detected (even if I see it on I/O board).

So could you give me any link in order to help me to achieve this application.

Regards
Addraen

Re: Conveyor Tracking

Postby RobinKohlhoff » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 am

Hello Addraen,

can you elaborate on your setup? When you hold your hand in front of the latch sensor you see the digital I/O input 1001 go high in the Digital I/O panel? Can you make sure your encoder is connected to encoder input 1? Is the encoder count changing when you turn on the belt? On which exact step in the ACE Sight: Pick and Place Sample can you not continue?

Has this system been used before? In that case can you go into the controller object, click on Configure, select Configure Encoder Latches and see if the latch 1001 is still associated with encoder 1.

Regards
Robin Kohlhoff
RobinKohlhoff

Re: Conveyor Tracking

Postby Addraen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:53 am

Hi,

Yes, I see the input on the digital panel.
I also see the encoder value change when I moye the conveyor.
That's why I could made the tranking settings.

But when I use the sample application, I'm stuck on the "select the latch" step because even if my I/O go to green on the panel it never goes green on the config screen..

In fact what I really need is few examples about how to use the belt. And make a simple picking on tracking with a latch

thanks
Addraen

Return to V+