Loss of calibration points

Adept SmartController CX, assistance, configuration, etc

Loss of calibration points

Postby rotekopler » Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 am

Hi,

Once in two weeks when i turn off the machine all the data of the calibration points that i thought with the robot is lost and i need to teach them again from the beginning when i turn on the machine.

Why is this happening? is it related to the battery of the controller memory?
rotekopler

Re: Loss of calibration points

Postby Guenter Grass » Sun May 31, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi rotekopler,

can you please explain what the calibration points are? Are they taught locations the robot moves to after the calibration?

I assume the problem exists every time you reboot. Maybe the saving is not working properly or the locations are saved in 2 files and the file containing the old locations is loaded after the file containing the new locations and therefore is overwriting them.

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Postby rotekopler » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi Guenter,

The calibration point are the point that the clients teach the robot according to the vision (conegx) on a pallet.
Once in two week +/- the calibration point data is lost in the middle of machine cycle.
I think its something with the vision but i'm not sure this is way i posted the massage here.
rotekopler

Postby Guenter Grass » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:11 am

Hi,

I haven't used another vision system so far but I assume that the calibration points (3 or 4) are used to create a frame in V+ and than the vision result is added to this frame. If these calibration points are stored and loaded correctly the system should work fine.

Once in two week +/- the calibration point data is lost in the middle of machine cycle.

Does "lost" mean that they are not existing in the RAM of the controller any more or that other values (maybe old values) are in there?
If they are not existing in the RAM any more then something (a V+ program for example) must have deleted them.
If there are "old" or different values within this calibration points then most likely they were overwritten by loading a file which contains variables of the same name or a V+ program which is overwriting the value of these calibration points.

Can you check if these calibration points still exist in V+ RAM?

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Return to SmartController CX Robot Control