arm mounted camera adeptsight 2.0

arm mounted camera adeptsight 2.0

Postby cdestremps@msn.com » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 am

I am using Adeptsight 2.0 and Adept Destop 4.2.2.34. I need to write a program that will use an arm mounted camera to confirm a target and get its rotation and then use that information to pick the target in the proper orientation. I can not find any sample programs in mico v+ to take advantage of the arm mounted calibration available in Adeptsight 2.0. Can anyone post some sample code that I can modify to accomplish this task?

Thanks,
Chris
cdestremps@msn.com

Re: arm mounted camera adeptsight 2.0

Postby Guenter Grass » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 am

Hi Chris,

I remember programmers doing AdeptSight 2 joint 2 projects but I never programmed one myself.

In the Online Help of AdeptSight 2 is an example on how to position the camera in the robot WORLD using the joint 2 or TOOL mounted camera. Here is the excerpt

AdeptSight Reference Guide > AdeptSight Properties Reference for V+ and MicroV + > InverseKinematics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InverseKinematics
VLOCATION
For a robot with a tool-mounted or an arm-mounted camera, InverseKinematics retrieves the location to which to move the robot so that the camera sees a specific point in the workspace (robot frame of reference) at a specific point in the image (image frame of reference). The X-Y coordinates of the point in the workspace are defined by RobotXPosition and RobotYPosition and X-Y coordinates of the point in the image are defined by VisionXPosition and VisionYPosition.
If the tool is arm-mounted, there are two possible solutions for positioning the robot so you must specify the robot configuration: RIGHTY or LEFTY, using the RobotConfiguration property.
If the camera is tool mounted, there are an infinite number of solutions for positioning the robot so you must specify the angle of rotation between the Vision X Axis and the Robot X axis, using the VisionRotation property.
Type
This example illustrates the use an relation of the following properties: InverseKinematics, RobotXPosition, RobotYPosition, VisionXPosition, VisionYPosition, RobotConfiguration, and VisionRotation.

.PROGRAM demo()
; This program will make move the robot so that a given point in the
; Robot frame of reference can be seen in a given point in the vision
; Coordinate system (Calibrated)

; This defines the point in the robot coordinate system that should be visible
; in the camera
robot_x = 300
robot_y = 0

; This is the point where the robot point should be seen in the camera coor­dinate
; System. These units are mm (Calibrated Image).
; When they are set to (0,0), it means the center of the image.
; Vision_rot only applies for a ToolMountedCamera
vision_x = 0
vision_y = 0
vision_rot = 0

; This is used when the camera is cobra arm-mounted on a Cobra robot
;It does not apply for a tool mounted camera.
; 0 Means Righty Robot configuration
; 1 Mean Lefty Robot configuration
robot_config = 1

; Tell AdeptSight what are the chosen values
; for configuration and vision points.
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10400, 1) = robot_config
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10401, 1) = vision_x
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10402, 1) = vision_y
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10403, 1) = vision_rot

WHILE TRUE DO

; Tell AdeptSight what are the chosen values for robot point.
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10404, 1) = robot_x
VPARAMETER(0, 1, 10405, 1) = robot_y

; Ask AdeptSight where to move the robot in order to make
; robot point seen in vision point
SET loc = VLOCATION(0, 1, , 10060, 1)

; For ToolMounted Camera
MOVES loc
BREAK

; For ArmMounted Camera
DECOMPOSE loc2[] = loc
HERE #lhere
DECOMPOSE lhere2[] = #lhere
SET #pos = #PPOINT(loc2[0],loc2[1],lhere2[2],lhere2[3])
MOVE #pos
BREAK

END

.END

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdeptSight Reference Guide > AdeptSight Properties Reference for V+ and MicroV + > InverseKinematics

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Return to AdeptSight