Saving changes to contoller

Tips and tricks for Adept ACE

Saving changes to contoller

Postby saman.nouri » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:36 am

I have a Python robot run by Smart Controller EX.
When I make some changes to the application and then save the workspace and then run the robot there is no problem. But after power outage or when I manually restart the controller, it goes back to my old program by itself. I had changed the program many times before ove the past year and never had this problem. This is a new and don't know how to fix it. It just happens if I restart the controller.
saman.nouri

Re: Saving changes to contoller

Postby Guenter Grass » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 am

Hi,

please check if you have configured the SmartController EX to autostart and load files from the SD card within the controller. If this is so it will load the files from the SD card every time it boots up. Now when you connect to the controller and make changes to the programs you have to make sure to store these on the SD card as well.
By default if ACE is configured to store files on the SD card (check the controller object - save configuration) these are placed in the subdirectory D:\archive.
Use the file explorer and check the date of these files. If they are old then your current ACE workspace is not configured to store your changes on the SD card or it stores the files but these are not the ones that are loaded by the Autostart of the controller (check file d:\auto.v2).

Best Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Return to Adept ACE