Adept ACE "Checking for ACE server on controller"

Tips and tricks for Adept ACE

Adept ACE "Checking for ACE server on controller"

Postby Arceles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 am

Good day,

Sometimes when I load a project and then try to connect to the controller the software just gets stuck in that part. The only way to connect to the controller is then by using another pc with a different ip address, otherwise not even restarting the previous pc works.

When the above is done, I cannot seem to deploy a custom UI for the robot as well, since my user interface form just becomes grayed out. This is even using the deploy option to create a custom shortcut, which allows to set the robot's ip address. After the shortcut creation it just gets stuck in the creating client part.

Adept ACE version is 3.6.3.200, OS has been win 7 and win 10. Firewall has even been disabled to try and connect. This can be seen in the video uploaded in https://youtu.be/FEpMqrHhQlw around the 3:00 minute mark.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Arceles

Re: Adept ACE "Checking for ACE server on controller"

Postby PeterL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 am

Hello Arceles,

do you have a dongle with a license for running the UI in a non emualtion environment? If so please check if your dongle is detected by the pc. If you don't have the dongle with the license you are not able to run the UI in a production environment.

Please note that Youtube is the wrong channel to post this kind of videos. Please remove it.

Best Regards,

-Peter
PeterL

Return to Adept ACE