ACE API - 3D Model not Shown

Tips and tricks for Adept ACE

ACE API - 3D Model not Shown

Postby innoaloe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble when making custom .NET program for ACE API.
I can create both ACE Server and Client, also conducting robot movement. The problem is that the robot model is not showing on the 3D Simulation display.

Any inputs on how to make it visible?
On a note, this custom program that I make is not saved in ACE installation folder. I acknowledged that ACE installation folder contains the CAD Library for robot models,
so I wonder if we should also copy that somewhere related to custom program folder also.

Here's some snapshot on my code to activate 3D Display, which is based on the original sample

private void Create3DDisplay()
{

simulationControl = new SimulationContainerControl();
simulationControl.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
groupBoxVirtualDisplay.Controls.Add(simulationControl);

simulationControl.Client = aceClient;
simulationControl.AddToScene(robot);
simulationControl.CameraPositions = new Transform3D[] { simulationControl.DefaultIsometricViewPosition };
simulationControl.Visible = false;
simulationControl.Visible = true;

}

This is the result so far. All control buttons are working. Only simulation doesn't show up
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.5 KiB) Viewed 3759 times

UPDATE :
I had just solved the problem. Apparently we have to copy the whole CAD library folder from ACE installation folder, and paste it to our Visual Studio solution directory.
E.g. in the same folder containing Debug and Release folder in Visual Studio, we copy the whole CAD folder of the robots.

Only one problem remaining is that I cannot find the definition for Cobra Inverted robot in the API :)
Last edited by innoaloe on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
innoaloe

Re: ACE API - 3D Model not Shown

Postby molojose » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 am

Did you try choosing another robot?
I have the same problem with some of the robots but when I, for example, use the viper s700 I can see the robot.

I am not sure if I fully understand your problem but I hope I can help.
molojose

Re: ACE API - 3D Model not Shown

Postby innoaloe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 am

Hello, thanks for replying.

I had just solved the problem. Apparently we have to copy the whole CAD library folder from ACE installation folder, and paste it to our Visual Studio solution directory.
E.g. in the same folder containing Debug and Release folder in Visual Studio, we copy the whole CAD folder of the robots.

Only one problem remaining is that I cannot find the definition for Cobra Inverted robot in the API :)
innoaloe

Return to Adept ACE