Invalid Memory Access problem

Tips and tricks for Adept ACE

Invalid Memory Access problem

Postby weibull760 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi guys I got an annoying problem that is driving me crazy that hopefully someone can help with.

I've been getting an error more and more frequently when I try and save my workspace. At least once a day (sometimes more), I will get the following error when trying to save the workspace.

"Invalid access to memory location"
"Source: General System Error"
with a blank Error Code (see image attachment).
Invalid Memory Access.jpg
General System Error msg
Invalid Memory Access.jpg (21.76 KiB) Viewed 2379 times

I've copied the error dialog text detail below.

It seems to be tied to the controller because as soon as I disconnect the controller in the workspace, I'm able to save. But then I can't reconnect to the controller, either directly after saving or after cycling the controller power. I have to cycle the power to the controller AND shut down ACE and restart. The PC (SmartVisionMX) can stay on though.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Code: Select all
System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInformationException (0x80004005): Invalid access to memory location
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetAdaptersAddresses(AddressFamily family, FixedInfo fixedInfo)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.PostWin2KGetNetworkInterfaces(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetNetworkInterfaces(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetNetworkInterfaces()
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
   at Ace.Core.Util.IOUtil.GetClosestIPAddress(String addressToCompare)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.PullControllerMemory(EventHandler`1 progressHandler, IAdeptController controller)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.Pull(EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.Pull()
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.AdeptController.GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, SoapAttributeInfo attributeInfo, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, SoapAttributeInfo attributeInfo, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, SoapWriter serWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveTo(ZipOutputStream zipStream, Boolean isXml, String prefix, EventHandler`1 progressHandler, Int32 total, Int32& count)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveTo(ZipOutputStream zipStream, Boolean isXml, String prefix, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveToZip(Stream stream, Boolean isXml, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceServer.SaveWorkspace(Boolean returnContentFileInBytes, String path, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceServer.SaveLocalWorkspace(String clientFilePath, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Client.GuiUtil.ProcSaveWorkspace(Object server, String clientFilePath, EventHandler`1 progressHandler, Boolean preparing)
   at Ace.Core.Client.GuiUtil.<>c__DisplayClasse.<Save>b__8()
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetAdaptersAddresses(AddressFamily family, FixedInfo fixedInfo)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.PostWin2KGetNetworkInterfaces(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetNetworkInterfaces(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface.GetNetworkInterfaces()
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
   at Ace.Core.Util.IOUtil.GetClosestIPAddress(String addressToCompare)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.PullControllerMemory(EventHandler`1 progressHandler, IAdeptController controller)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.Pull(EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.VPlusMemory.Pull()
   at Ace.Adept.Server.Controls.AdeptController.GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, SoapAttributeInfo attributeInfo, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, SoapAttributeInfo attributeInfo, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, SoapWriter serWriter)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveTo(ZipOutputStream zipStream, Boolean isXml, String prefix, EventHandler`1 progressHandler, Int32 total, Int32& count)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveTo(ZipOutputStream zipStream, Boolean isXml, String prefix, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceObjectCollection.SaveToZip(Stream stream, Boolean isXml, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceServer.SaveWorkspace(Boolean returnContentFileInBytes, String path, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Server.AceServer.SaveLocalWorkspace(String clientFilePath, EventHandler`1 progressHandler)
   at Ace.Core.Client.GuiUtil.ProcSaveWorkspace(Object server, String clientFilePath, EventHandler`1 progressHandler, Boolean preparing)
   at Ace.Core.Client.GuiUtil.<>c__DisplayClasse.<Save>b__8()
weibull760

Re: Invalid Memory Access problem

Postby weibull760 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:32 pm

I was able to trace it back to the AUTO.V2 file that I had in my V+ User Modules. The SmartController 196 "Save Configuration" was then forced (checkbox greyed out) to save the file to the controller. I understand why this is set up that way as I have used AUTO.V2 files in the past but I don't get why the controller memory location gets corrupted and cause an error intermittently.

For now I have removed the AUTO.V2 module from my workspace as I don't need it at this time but I will eventually so I hope that some light can be shed on this problem before then.

Thanks,
Jason
weibull760

Postby weibull760 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Spoke too soon. Had the memory error twice since I've removed the AUTO.V2 module from the workspace. Here's a screenshot of the controller settings showing that nothing is being saved to the controller when the ACE workspace is being saved. "Save Configuration: Not Saving"

Controller settings - Invalid Memory Access.jpg
Controller settings - Invalid Memory Access.jpg (23.58 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
weibull760

Postby robotreto » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:55 am

I had the same problem.

Reason was the CX Controller had a rather old V+ 16.x installed, but ACE was very new 3.6.3.200

Those 2 versions differ in age too much.

After updating the CX to 17.2C3, the issue was gone.
robotreto

Return to Adept ACE