Robot encodr fault alarm - 1025

Adept Cobra i600 and i800 SCARA robots

Robot encodr fault alarm - 1025

Postby sherif1tce » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Dear Sir,

We are using adept robot i600 . It shows attached attached image status code after powering up. After Connecting to desktop , I tried enable power , it shows encoder fault 1025 , not getting . From the status code, unable to interpret encoder fault joint. I tried swapping with spare working AIB , same problem there. Confirmed that problem with Robot joint motor encoder .

Kinldy provide necessary guidance to resolve the issue.
Attachments
WP_20151014_17_50_37_Pro.jpg
adept status code display
WP_20151014_17_50_37_Pro.jpg (300.17 KiB) Viewed 16081 times
sherif1tce

Re: Robot encodr fault alarm - 1025

Postby Guenter Grass » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 am

Hi,

the fault indicates an error of the encoder 5 which is the encoder in the motor 4 assembly.

This can be caused for example by
1. temporary power loss to the motor 4 encoder. This can be caused by someone unplugging the cable J4-EN from the connector bulkhead underneath the Joint 2 cover.
2. broken Encoder 4.
3. broken cable to Encoder 4.

To repair the robot it needs
1. to be factory calibrated to reset the encoder error and restore the information that was stored in the motor.
2. the motor 4 needs to be replaced and the robot needs to be factory calibrated to restore the information that was stored in the motor.
3. the cable needs to be replaced/fixed and the robot needs to be factory calibrated to reset the encoder error and to restore the information that was stored in the motor.

To do this you have to have special hard- and software and been trained in the procedure. Please contact your local Adept Service Department for assistance if you don't have these.

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Postby sherif1tce » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Dear Sir,

We are doing rough and fine calibration with adept calibration kit. I did rough calibration and found encoder alaarm cleared .

Thanks for sharing detailed check points .
sherif1tce

Postby sherif1tce » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Dear Sir,

After clearing the Encoder fault alarm , we did rough and fine calibration . After some day , it is not getting power on . Whenever i try to enable power , robot shows atttached image as alarm . Pls go through more details file about the alarm . Otherwise , robot power off -675 alarm coming . Robot status changes from OK to ON during enabling power .

Kindly guide us to resolve the issue.
Attachments
Robot power off more details.txt
More details info about robot power off alarm.
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 876 times
More details.txt
More details info about index out of range alarm
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 882 times
ROBOT ERROR.png
index out of range alarm page
ROBOT ERROR.png (180.32 KiB) Viewed 16041 times
sherif1tce

Postby Guenter Grass » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:31 am

Hi,

the error -675 is *Timeout enabling power*. This typically occurs if noone presses the High Power Lamp on the Front Panel within 10 seconds after enabling power.

Can you please open the Monitor Terminal and in there type the command
1. ENABLE power
Make sure to press the blinking High Power Lamp.

If the power can't be enabled please note the error message.

If the power can be enabled type this command
2. CALIBRATE
if the robot doesn't calibrate please note the error message.

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Postby sherif1tce » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 am

Dear Sir,

I tried in monitor terminal , alarm 675 - timeout enabling power only coming .All cables are verifed with working robot. We are pressing within 10 seconds .
Same alarm coming.

In ace , above attached alarm index out of range came sometimes for which details enclosed earlier.
sherif1tce

Postby Guenter Grass » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:15 am

Dear Sir,

I don't know if any loose cables within the robot (AIB - Mtr or Enc) or the AIB itself can cause this error.

To erase potential candidates you can swap the AIB with one from a working robot. If the new AIB is fine than the error is either on the old AIB or one of the internal cables were loose before and now are seated correctly.

If the error persist than the error is on the robot side (motors, cables, encoder).
The most likely error in that case is *Calibration Sensor Failure Delta to high*. To test this you can turn the Joint 4 of the robot and try to enable the power, if it fails turn it further and try again. If this succeeds than the Calibration Sensor for the Encoder on the ball spline is not correctly installed. You will have to adjust it and redo the fine and rough calibration.

Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Return to Cobra i600/i800