VB.net with i600

Adept Cobra i600 and i800 SCARA robots

VB.net with i600

Postby icerany » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 am

I'm writing a VB.net application as UserInterface to control/show i600 robot status.
the main program in ACE is using micro V+.

the problem is that i can't use IAdeptController to execute micro V+ task ... there is no CX or CS in our system.
I tried IAceServer.Root("/Robot") to create IAdeptController object, but failed. (without CX, so i try connect robot as controller directly)

I can use another way to Set/Get variables even I/O, but execute task.
I've try IAbstractProgram with TaskManager, but I can't create IAbstractProgram successfully, there is always "nothing",
I can't find other similar description about execute a task in ACE Reference Guide.

did i miss something? or where am i wrong? is there exists another way to execute a micro V+ program?

thanks a lot. :D
icerany

Re: VB.net with i600

Postby seank » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 am

If you create the robot object as an IiCobra, the Link property is exposed. This should give you access to anything you can find under the IVpLink interface and allow you to do exactly what you are looking to do.
Sean Kelly
Applications Engineer
Adept Technology, Inc.
seank

Postby icerany » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:07 pm

seank wrote:If you create the robot object as an IiCobra, the Link property is exposed. This should give you access to anything you can find under the IVpLink interface and allow you to do exactly what you are looking to do.

Wow~ it success!
I never thought connect IiCobra first, and give IVpLink by Link.
It's really useful !

Thanks. Good luck and have a nice day. :D
icerany

Postby KevinS » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 am

The Adept ACE Reference Guide gives great API examples in both C# and Visual Basic. The guide can be accessed from the help menu within the Adept ACE application. Also, the guide is located in the Adept ACE installation directory. Typically, this can be found at the following path

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Adept Technology\Adept ACE\Adept ACE Reference Guide.chm
KevinS

Postby icerany » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:46 pm

KevinS wrote:The Adept ACE Reference Guide gives great API examples in both C# and Visual Basic. The guide can be accessed from the help menu within the Adept ACE application. Also, the guide is located in the Adept ACE installation directory. Typically, this can be found at the following path

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Adept Technology\Adept ACE\Adept ACE Reference Guide.chm

thanks for your suggestion :D

I'v read ACE Reference Guide first , but i don't know which object is correct to use , because there is many object can create suscess but use failed.

I'll be more concentrate on it. :D
icerany

Return to Cobra i600/i800