Adept Cobra not booting, 'GB>'

A1, XL1, XL3, MV Cobra, and A6 Robots

Moderator: MikeM

Adept Cobra not booting, 'GB>'

Postby rabergs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:07 am

We have an S800 that has been in storage for a couple of years. When it went into storage, it was working just fine.

Today we tried to start it, and things haven't gone well. The system sits at the 'Performing processor self-tests...' for a couple minutes, then comes up with 'GB>' on the screen. I am not sure what this means.

On the AWC II card, there is a red light for 'SF OK' and 'ES HPE'. Everything else is dark.

I am going to go through the wires tomorrow to see if something has come loose, but was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
rabergs

Re: Adept Cobra not booting, 'GB>'

Postby DaveS » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:32 pm

The red SF led being lit leads me to believe your AWC is hanging up during boot, also since you are getting a GB> displayed it sounds like you are interfacing with the controller via a keyboard and monitor plugged into a VGB.
Can you please post the PCAs you have installed in your Controller? This would be a big help in helping you diagnose your problem.
DaveS

Postby ericdeko411 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:11 am

How did it go?
I would like to know, since I am also facing the same problem right now.
ericdeko411

Postby DaveS » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:17 am

The GB> is a sign that the processor is hanging during boot/initialization. The first step is to try to narrow down the potential causes by pulling boards out of the chassis one at a time and booting the controller between each board until you get to the AWC (or processor and SIO depending on your particular configuration). As I mentioned in my response to the original poster the GB> leads me to believe you have a VGB in you system so I am leaning towards that being the most likely suspect but without more detailed information on the system configuration this is just speculation.
DaveS

Return to Adept MV Robots