Staubli CS7B controller

Moderator: MikeM

Staubli CS7B controller

Postby PDN_Prod » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:50 am

Hi,

We have a Staubli RX90B family robot arm with a Staubli CS7B controller at our lab. Some time ago when we were doing some experiments suddenly it stopped taking inputs through the keyboard. Non of us knew much about how the controller works, so I guess we accidentally press or gave a wrong command! However we still could give inputs through the teach pendent and even maneuver the robot arm with it but there was no way to run any programs as there was no way to input data. At that time (about 4 years ago) when we contacted Staubli they asked us to use serial interface with hyper terminal. With that also we could see terminal output but nothing happened with our keyboard input.

Recently I was asked to try and do something to revive it. I used adept windows through the Ethernet mode with controller board jumpers set to no auto boot (only option available when used with adept windows). Then it asks how to boot, whether to boot from internal flash or network drive, but I couldn't do anything as it still doesn't accept any keyboard input even from the adept windows host computer.

Please help us to repair this!
PDN_Prod

Re: Staubli CS7B controller

Postby Technics » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:14 am

I don't know if it will help, but the scroll lock key locks the input from the keyboard. Then there is a red bar on top of the screen.
Technics

Return to MV Controls