EXC/EXA RS232 teach codes

Moderator: MikeM

EXC/EXA RS232 teach codes

Postby Jfet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 am

I am sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, but there does not seem to be a forum for the EXC/EXA controllers.

I have a couple of EXC controllers and several H, M and S modules, but no teach pendant. I have successfully established communication to the EXC controller using RS232 and a terminal program, but the data sheet from the Adept website does not give all of the RS232 commands for things such as system parameter adjustment. I think they assume you have a teach pendant available, but it should be quite easy to send the commands via RS232 if the format can be found somewhere.

Suggestions?

thanks
Jfet

Re: EXC/EXA RS232 teach codes

Postby brianch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

I am not sure what you mean by system parameter adjustment but there is a program called EXCUTL and a manual for EXC controllers here...

ftp://ftp.adept.com/Public/Customer_Ser ... XC%20util/

You can try them out and see if that is what you are looking for.
brianch

Re: EXC/EXA RS232 teach codes

Postby Jfet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:51 pm

brianch wrote:I am not sure what you mean by system parameter adjustment but there is a program called EXCUTL and a manual for EXC controllers here...

ftp://ftp.adept.com/Public/Customer_Ser ... XC%20util/

You can try them out and see if that is what you are looking for.

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed. The program EXCUTL is a teach pendant emulator and I have already used it to check some of the settings I could not reach with a regular terminal program (or didn't know how) like software limits for example.

Really brings back memories of my 8088 computer with dual floppies and bbs though...
Jfet

Return to MV Controls