MV5 as a plug and play backup system for 4 other MV5 systems

Moderator: MikeM

MV5 as a plug and play backup system for 4 other MV5 systems

Postby nico.kamstra » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:25 pm

I am looking at the following situation, and hopefully somebody can give me some advise :

One MV5 system will be replaced by an Smartcontroller CX system.
The customer wants to use this MV5 system as a plug and play spare system for 4 other MV5 sysrems.

Whats the best way to do this ? Configure 4 flash cards and plug in the right flash card into the AWCII card before mounting the Adept system or is there another way useing the ethernet gate of the AWCII card ?

Regards,

Nico Kamstra
nico.kamstra

Re: MV5 as a plug and play backup system for 4 other MV5 sys

Postby daves » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

nico.kamstra wrote:I am looking at the following situation, and hopefully somebody can give me some advise :

One MV5 system will be replaced by an Smartcontroller CX system.
The customer wants to use this MV5 system as a plug and play spare system for 4 other MV5 sysrems.

Whats the best way to do this ? Configure 4 flash cards and plug in the right flash card into the AWCII card before mounting the Adept system or is there another way useing the ethernet gate of the AWCII card ?

Regards,

Nico Kamstra

Yes you can do it that way unless you are using the default IP address. The default IP Address is based on the serial number of the AWC card so swapping a controller would give you a different IP Address.
daves

Return to MV Controls