My robot is too quiet/loud or blares. How do I adjust?

Commercially-available robots from Adept MobileRobots

My robot is too quiet/loud or blares. How do I adjust?

Postby ToddR » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm

If you want to adjust sound you have several places to do so. You should be able to make the robot quite loud, without blaring by adjusting the following settings. If your robot speakers blare you may want to take a look at each of the following settings and make sure that one area to set the volume is not very low, so that another must be very high to compensate. For example, if the MobileEyes Audio output slider is very low, and the Speech Synthesis Settings VolumeAdjustmentPercent is very high (approaching 100 for example) then you may end up with some clipped or blaring sounds. Try not to allow these to happen too often as this isn't good for the speaker.

There is also a convenient feature, called a Volume Adjustment Area for when there are louder or quieter areas of your facility at which you'd like to have the robot say or play sounds at a lower volume. In MobilePlanner you can drop an rectangular area on your map and assign it a Volume Adjustment Percentage. When the robot enters this area it will increase or decrease the output volume by the specified amount.

1) Mobile Eyes Audio/Video, available from View > Audio video
Mobile Eyes Audio-Video.png
Mobile Eyes Audio-Video.png (16.75 KiB) Viewed 8950 times

2) Speech Synthesis Settings available from MobileEyes > Tools > RobotConfiguration:
speech synthesis settings.png
speech synthesis settings.png (38.8 KiB) Viewed 8950 times

3) Volume Adjustment Sectors. This option is great for areas with a higher level of ambient noise which may make it harder to hear the robot. Simply adding a section which causes the robot to speak or play sounds louder may be all it takes. Conversely, in very quiet areas you may want to soften the robot sounds.

a. Enable in SetNetGo
Enable in SetNetGo.png
Enable in SetNetGo.png (191.81 KiB) Viewed 8950 times

b. Add to map in MobilePlanner
Add sector.png
Add sector.png (89.99 KiB) Viewed 8950 times

c. Configure the sector in Mobile Planner
configure sector.png
configure sector.png (90.63 KiB) Viewed 8950 times
ToddR

Return to Adept Mobile Robots