Adept Windows PC

AdeptWindows discussions, tips and tricks, plug-ins, Q & A

Moderator: mnoschang

Adept Windows PC

Postby ptankersley » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:23 am

Hi Group,
I used to know how to setup my shortcut for Adept Windows PC to automatically connect to a particular controller and to size the window correctly. I remember the -e XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX specifier for the controller address. Does anyone know the specifier for the window size? Thanks for the assistance.

Paul
ptankersley

Re: Adept Windows PC

Postby TravisA » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 am

Here is the information:

AdeptWindows PC can now be executed from a command line or batch program.
Inside the command line you can specify the position and size of the AdeptWindows PC window on your monitor screen.
You can also specify the IP-address of the Adept controller you want to connect to. Please read the description below for more details.

Specifying the position and size of the AdeptWindows PC window
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new -p parameter allows to specify the default position and size of the main AdeptWindows PC
window. The -p parameter followed by four values specifies the position and size. The first two values specify the position of the top left corner of the window. The second set of
values specifies the bottom right corner of the AdeptWindows PC window.

For instance, you want to position the top left corner of the window at (100,100)
and bottom right corner at (400,400). The command line for this is:

vgb.exe -p 100 100 400 400

Automatically connecting AdeptWindows PC to an Adept Controller
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The -e parameter automatically initiates AdeptWindows PC to connect to an Adept controller with a specified IP address.
The syntax of the command is:

vgb.exe -e <IP-address>

If you would like to connect automatically to the Adept controller with the IP address "172.16.1.1", after starting AdeptWindows PC, then you need to specify the following command line:

vgb.exe -e 172.16.1.1

If you would like to position and size the AdeptWindows PC window and you would like to connect automatically to an Adept controller, then it is important that the new -p argument must be specified before the -e argument.

For instance, if the intention is to position the window at the top left corner of the monitor, and to automatically connect to IP address "172.16.1.1", the command is:

vgb.exe -p 0 0 300 300 -e 172.16.1.1

Note how the -p argument was specified before the -e argument.

TravisA

Postby Kaj_G » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:12 am

Hello,
An adition to this thread

This is very useful, I came across a glitch though:

If you are setting up 2 monitors side by side and the primary monitor is on the right, the 'autoconnect' fails if you direct a window to the
negative side of your desktop ie. to the left monitor.
Then Adeptwindows don't attempt to connect and when you exit the program it will return:
WSAAsyncselect() error 10022

As long as you keep all of the desktop on the positive side its OK.

regards

Kaj
Kaj_G

Adept Windows PC

Postby florin1626 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 am

Hello to everyone.
I can see that on this forum different problems and questions can be posted so now i have one and i really need some help. So i have an adept robot and a controller and i wan't to make a backup of the program that exist in the controller. Can somebody help me please. And i also have another problem with a robot. When I'm connecting with Adept Desktop and i'm trying to power on i get the error "calibration sensor failure error #-906". I look for this error in the v+ manual and at actions says something like "no action". I clean the robot on the inside, i also replace the encoder from the joint 4 and i get the same error. If anyone has any ideea please post here.

Thank you very much!
florin1626

Postby KevinS » Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am

Here is an additional link showing startup options for AdeptWindows PC

http://www1.adept.com/main/ke/DATA/cont ... ptions.htm
KevinS

Return to AdeptWindows