Blue LED's turned off under storage area

Information about the Adept MT400 line of mobile robots

Blue LED's turned off under storage area

Postby Rabert » Tue May 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I have a customer inquiring as to why their robot does not blink going do the hall anymore. Is there a setting for this or do I need to look at the LED board the next time I go on site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Rabert

Re: Blue LED's turned off under storage area

Postby ToddR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm

There is a setting to turn the blue LED motion lights off, but is is fairly well buried. It requires stopping the robot's software, ARAM, and connecting to the robot via serial to change its microcontroller parameters. This is the type of thing you'd surely know about if anyone had made this change.

More likely, someone or something may have found its way into the gap between the bumpers and the top plate of the robot and disconnected the led board at the rear. There is a thin strip of a circuit board with the blue LED's on it which connects via a small, white, two pin connector up into the top plate of the robot. Please check to see if this board has become disconnected. If so, push it back into the connector. If you can't tell, gently pull down on the center of the board to see if it is connected. Don't pull too hard or too far! You don't want to break the board.

Have a look at all of the light strips - do they all appear to be intact?
ToddR

Postby loosed » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

Todd, when I want to activate the LED lights of the MT400 what do I have to do?
We have taken over a MT400 from your German location but the LEd lights where off.
I have checked all wired connections regarding the LED's but thats ok.
I read something about μARCS but I can not download this Application for windows.
Can you help me?
loosed

Postby ToddR » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 pm

There is a parameter that needs to be changed in the micro controller settings. This is something that would have had to have been changed by someone with access to the configuration tool. It is likely that this blue light was turned off for some reason, and turning it back on shouldn't be hard, but will require that tool. I will contact you directly to solve this.
ToddR

Return to Adept MT400 Robots