Teaching pallet offsets in 3.6.3.250

Information and discussion regarding the ACE PackXpert software

Teaching pallet offsets in 3.6.3.250

Postby gasalvati » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello
we have 9 robots in a line (one after the other) picking cookies and placing them in one conveyor (trays). So the target has a pallet.
One pallet for all the 9 robots. The robots are 4 Cobras and 5 Quattros. All connected to Smartcontrollers CX with V+ 172.C3, one PackXpert main PC in 3.6.3.250 and three remote vision servers also in 3.6.3.250.
We used to have 3.3.3.11 with only 6 robots, but adding three more Quattros demanded to use the new features for balancing the line (filtering parts, etc).
The line is now ruuning with 6 robots in 3.3.3.11 and I am trying to make all 9 robots to run in 3.6.3.250.

The problem is the way new ACE/PackXpert release records the placing offsets (pallet target). When teaching, the new release, leave the process offsets X, Y, and Z in 0, and records the taught process offsets in the pallet itself (as pallet initial position transformation). In 3.3.3.11 the offsets are recorded in the process and there is no transformation in the pallet.
So now, each time I teach a robot (each robot is a process in the process manager), it records the data in the same pallet, overwriting previously taught robot.
This is only for X, Y, Z data.

Have you any found this behaviour?
Is this the expected new behaviour? And how can this be avoided?

Any advice will be appreciatte.

(I don't think I have to configure a different pallet for each robot/process because all of them should fill the same pallet)

Thanks
GS
gasalvati

Re: Teaching pallet offsets in 3.6.3.250

Postby RobinKohlhoff » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:11 am

Hello,

actually this seems like an oversight.

One solution for the moment would be to copy the X, Y and Z Values from the Pallet Offset and paste them into the Tool Tip Offset in the Place Motion Parameters in the Process Manager.
RobinKohlhoff

Postby gasalvati » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:55 am

Hello Robin,
thanks for stopping by.

I guess that can be a patch. I was doing both ways. One with only one pallet to have the rest of the teaching data, and one with one pallet for each robot so I can have the X, Y, Z data of each robot. Maybe it is not necessary to do it that way, just in case.
Will try it next saturday.

Hope this is not the way it should be done from now on.

Thanks again.
GS
gasalvati

Postby gasalvati » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:09 pm

I taught the processes and then copied the data record in te pallet to the processes offsets. It seems to be working.
Next saturday will test with some production (hundres of cookies coming to be picked and placed).
gasalvati

Return to ACE PackXpert