robot-camera calibration

robot-camera calibration

Postby pjoker22 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 am

Hey there,
I'm using a Quattro s650H with a Basler A601f-2 and AdeptSight 3 on ACE 3.6.3.2.
In my application I have a grid pattern to put in some balls.

When I execute the robot-camera calibration the robot picks the ball I teached and moves a defined length. This length does not fit with my grid pattern.

Is there a way to change the length, which the robot moves to calibrate? The help discribes a way to calibrate manuelly with four points, but in my ACE version there is no modus like this.

I hope you understand what I mean:)

Greats

pjoker22
pjoker22

Re: robot-camera calibration

Postby Guenter Grass » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi,

create a new AceSight Camera Calibration object and select the manual calibration by answering one of the questions as described.
Question "Specify End-Effector Type"
Answer "The robot has a tool that can point at the object"

Question "Is the robot free to move?"
Answer "There are obstacles in the workspace or the work surface is not parallel to the robot XY plane. I want to move the robot manually".

In the manual calibration you can place the object anywhere you want it.

Best regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Postby pjoker22 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 am

HI,
thanks a lot! It worked perfectly!
But why does any point need four rotations?

Best regards,

pjoker22
pjoker22

Postby Guenter Grass » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 am

Hi,

the 4 rotations are used to check if the Tool Tip you are using has an offset to the middle of the Tool flange of the robot and you forgot to correctly set it before doing the calibration.
Imagine your Tool Tip to be offset in X direction of the Tool flange by 50 mm. If you would run the calibration without telling the system there is an offset if would calibrate assuming that the Tool Tip is in the center and by this the field of view of the camera would be offset by the 50mm.

If your Tool Tip is perfectly centered or if you have set your Tool correctly before doing the calibration you can skipped the Rotations 2-4 at each Point by clicking NEXT.

Best Regards
Günter
Guenter Grass

Return to AdeptSight